Our website contains information that is general in nature and serves as education about The Carle Foundation’s offerings and services. Any medical information included on this site is meant to supplement, not replace, the advice of health care professionals. Additionally, medical information contained on this site it not intended to be used for diagnosis or treatment of a particular health condition. If you have specific health care needs or want more complete information, you should contact your primary physician or other health care provider. Should you be experiencing a medical emergency, we urge you to call 911 immediately.
The Carle Foundation is neither responsible for nor has reviewed information contained in other parties’ websites connected to or from the Carle.org website via hyperlinks or pointers. The Carle Foundation does not have control over any information on any other organizations’ websites. When leaving this website to visit another site we have provided via a link, please remember:
- The Carle Foundation does not endorse the content or accuracy of the other sites you intend to visit and, therefore, disclaims responsibility for said content and accuracy.
- The Carle Foundation does not make any express or implied warranties, representations or endorsements whatsoever with respect to linked websites you visit or intend to visit.
- In no event will The Carle Foundation be liable to you or to anyone else for any decision made or action taken by you or anyone else in reliance on results obtained from information available from any websites for which we provide a link.
Use of this site or other sites provided via a link is at your own risk and discretion.
Because we respect your right to privacy, we want you to know how we handle your personal information while visiting our website. Take a few minutes to carefully review the following sections.
Security: The Carle Foundation has appropriate security measures to protect your personal information on our systems. However, by its very nature, data transmissions over the internet cannot be guaranteed 100% secure. To make our systems as secure as possible, we have installed state-of-the-art firewall protection to the websites and use top-of-the-line anti-virus protection. Our systems are patched regularly to prevent known security exploits.
Protecting Your Confidential Information: Protecting the privacy of information about your medical conditions and health is a responsibility we take seriously. See the Notice of Privacy Practices to learn more about how we may use and disclose information about your health. It also describes your rights and duties regarding the use and disclosure of medical information.
Information Collection: The Carle Foundation appreciates the opportunity to provide information about staff and health care services we offer. We collect contact information when you sign up for an event to keep you informed.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies.
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies, such as Google Analytics, to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). Click here for information on how you can opt out of Google Analytics.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. - Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. - Pages of our the Website [and our e-mails] may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Health Alliance, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or [opened an email] and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).