Carle Foundation Hospital is located in the twin cities of Champaign (population 87,000) and Urbana (population 42,000), familiarly referred to as C-U.
- Less than 3 hours away from Chicago, St. Louis and Indianapolis.
- Home to the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, a world-renowned university with a vast array of educational, cultural and athletic facilities, opportunities and events.
- Proud to be the home to Parkland College, a fully accredited two-year college.
- Headquarters location of several large corporations and many new high-tech companies.
- Ranked as one of the world's top ten "Hot New Tech Cities" in a recent Newsweek story.
- Sophisticated and has the cultural advantages of a large cosmopolitan area with a relaxed atmosphere while maintaining friendly, small-town hospitality.
- The birthplace of 40 North/88 West, a Culture and Entertainment Council dedicated to cultivating a thriving environment for the arts, culture and entertainment.
In Champaign-Urbana, you can...
- Take in a performance at The Krannert Center for the Performing Arts, a world-class showcase and regular host to internationally acclaimed artists that rivals other larger, metropolitan centers.
- Be a part of Big 10 Athletics including football, basketball, volleyball, soccer, gymnastics, and more!
- Enjoy a wide variety of nightlife and restaurants—something for everyone, no matter what your taste.
- Be captivated by a live performance at the Parkland College Theatre, The Station Theater or the historic Virginia Theatre, host to the annual Roger Ebert Film Festival.
- Stroll through one of more than 80 parks with something for everyone, where you can wander the rolling prairie, canoe on scenic rivers, sail, fish, camp, and hike.
- Learn about the stars and planets at the William M. Staerkel Planetarium, the 2nd largest in Illinois.
- Peruse the Krannert Art Museum & Kinkhead Pavilion, the 2nd largest art museum in Illinois next to the Chicago Art Institute.
Learn more about our community