To facilitate the activities of the unit/facility through the effective performance of receptionist, transcriptionist, and clerical processes. Acts as the front door to the unit/facility, managing information, and connecting physicians, staff, patients, and visitors with appropriate resources. May also fill some duties of a Program Technician.
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
Driver's License Valid drivers license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons. upon hire. EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
1 years of experience in/with a secretary or any clerical position familiar with medical terminology. And required to complete a unit secretary course. ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Must have control over personal use of all mood-altering chemicals and behaviors.
- Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Basic reading, writing and oral skills Ability to respond appropriately to customer/co-worker. Interaction with a wide variety of people. Maintain confidential information. Ability to communicate only the facts to recipients or to decline to reveal information. Ability to project a professional, friendly, helpful demeanor. Basic computer knowledge: Uses word processing, spreadsheet, e-mail application, and web browser. Comfortable within a Windows OS and learning new application. Basic Microsoft Word understanding
- Acts as the front door and receptionist for the unit/facility, promoting positive relationships.
- Greets visitors, physicians, patients, and staff promptly in a courteous, friendly, and receptive manner.
- Ensures that safety and privacy of patients and staff are top priority by monitoring closed circuit television cameras and allowing only appropriate individuals access into the unit/facility.
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge of HIPAA through actions such as asking visitors to sign-in, checking patient releases, etc.
- Displays warmth, concern and respect for those seeking assistance.
- Answers telephone timely, professionally, identifying unit, name, and title
- Establishes positive working relationships with other hospital departments and personnel.
- Knowledgeable and respectful of the roles other ancillary department personnel have in delivering patient care.
- Communication with others is professional and respectful.
- Alerts staff to walk-in assessments in a discreet and expedient manner.
- Keeps reception area organized and neat.
- Prioritizes and accurately channels incoming and outgoing information
- Utilizes Technology accurately and efficiently.
- Skillfully and professionally answers incoming calls, transferring, coordinating and conferencing callers accordingly.
- Uses overhead paging system for emergent and non-emergent situations adhering to unit/facility policies
- Enters and scans patient documents into EMR system Prepares and enters survey and other assorted data into various spreadsheets for daily and monthly reports
- Understands and is knowledgeable of computer downtime procedures.
- Enters, modifies, and corrects patient changes as appropriate.
- Prints/copies materials for office staff as requested.
- Proficiently operates and is able to trouble-shoot fax machine and printer.
- Performs activities efficiently and accurately to facilitate quality patient care and to ensure a safe and efficiently operating unit.
- Accurately utilizes supply ordering, seeking to promote efficient and cost-effective measures wherever possible.
- Responds appropriately to unit emergencies and alerts.
- File/scans reports from printer/fax,
- Maintains flexibility and is able to adapt to rapidly changing environment and work volume.
- Attends and participates in daily safety huddles.
- Attends and participates in unit committees, staff meetings.
- Submits work orders for repairs or cleaning of unit/facility as needed.
- Adheres to Infection Prevention & Safety policies.
- Performs extra duties as requested.