Responsible for researching, resolving, documenting, and responding to inquiries related to patient accounts from patients, insurance companies, attorneys, public agencies, internal departments, employers, and third party payers. Responsible for reviewing and calculating pre-determinations and charge estimates. Assists patients with setting up payment arrangements. Processes and posts all payments including required time of service payments. Collects outstanding accounts receivables. Provides financial counseling for charity and assists with application process. Responsible for cash bag balancing. Completes commercial disability and Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) forms.
None Required CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
Notary certification may be required. EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
One year customer service experience required and/or one year customer service experience in health care preferred. General computer knowledge related to Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, and Outlook. Knowledge in office based technology i.e. computer, copier, fax, and scanner. etc. ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Notary certification may be required
Must demonstrate tact and diplomacy in interpersonal interactions. Credit and collection experience preferred. Requires strong oral and written communication skills. Display high standard of confidentiality. Ability to work proficiently within multiple systems. Handle high volume of work and have the ability to multitask under demanding conditions. Attention to follow-through. Appropriately react and maintain composure during confrontational situations. Keyboard minimum of 40 words per minute. Ability to easily accept and implement change.
- Identifies and corrects billing errors and insurance discrepancies. Researches, resolves, documents, and responds to all patient account inquiries generated from telephone, walk-in, MyCarle or written correspondence. This is for internal and external customers and includes all billing entities for Carle.
- Identifies and resolves insurance set up errors to facilitate accurate and timely billing and payment processing.
- Performs financial counseling and assists patients in setting up payment arrangements on outstanding accounts receivable, processes and posts payments, as well as collects payments for time of service patients. Assists patients in the process of applying for and/or setting up Carle Financial Assistance program, prompt pay discount, payroll deduction, and recurring credit card payments.
- Prepares and provides estimates for services to patients.
- Responsible for cash bag balancing.
- Completion of commercial disability and FMLA forms (various by location).
- Monitors and files claims to drug assistance companies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.