Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
Donations of needed items are always appreciated.
If you would like to donate needed items, the wish list offers several suggestions from our NICU team. To better assist you with decisions regarding donations, please keep in mind:
- We cannot accept used items due to patient allergies and infection control guidelines.
- Items must be brand new and still in their original packaging.
- We cannot accept toys that depict violence, e.g., guns, knives, swords.
- We cannot accept food products, potted plants, or latex balloons.
- Please do not wrap donations.
- Due to privacy and infection control, we cannot allow personal delivery of gifts and donations directly to patients.
NICU and Carle Center for Philanthropy collaborate to ensure the donation process is as simple as possible. When you are ready to make a gift from our wish list, please contact Carle Center for Philanthropy at (217) 383-3021 or email email@example.com. You will be asked to describe your donation so that we can make sure the items being donated (a) are currently needed (b) can be accepted and (c) can fit into available storage space. We will also work with you to arrange a drop-off date, time and location.
Upon delivery of your donation, you will receive an in-kind gift form. This form should be completed if you plan to claim your donation on your taxes. This form also allows us to properly recognize you for your generosity. All donors making gifts valued at $100 or more in a calendar year are recognized in the annual report from Carle Center for Philanthropy.
Monetary gifts are also welcome.
Making a monetary donation to Carle NICU gives our staff the ability to purchase items as needs arise. To make a secure gift online, please visit carle.org/give and note NICU as your gift designation. Or send your check made payable to Carle Center for Philanthropy (please note NICU in the memo field) to 611 W. Park Street, Urbana, IL 61801. If you have any questions, please contact Carle Center for Philanthropy at (217) 383-3021 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
NICU Wish List
- Hospital-grade wipeable Boppies
- Nurture Smart Mobiles
- White Noise/Lullaby Music Maker (battery operated)
- Board Books
- Sleepers with snaps/Newborn pants with feet/Holiday outfits
- Baby socks
- Munchkin bottle racks
- Art supplies
- Neck pillows for parents
- Muslin blankets
- Wipeable mamaroo seats
- Bibs with snaps
- Wubbanubs/Dr. Brown Lovey pacifier holders
On behalf of our NICU team and the young patients and families they serve, thank you.