Pathway to Surgery
Bariatric surgery is an important decision to make – and Carle can help.
Here's a list of recommended steps to take when considering surgery:
- Attend a free informational seminar
- Seminars are free and open to all. Each seminar provides potential patients with details about weight loss surgery and the Carle Bariatrics program. One of our surgeons will describe the procedures, the medical effects of untreated obesity and the lifestyle changes that accompany surgery. Registration is required. Call (217) 383-3240 or view our bariatric seminar options.
- Schedule an appointment with a Carle bariatric surgeon
- Call (217) 383-3240 to schedule a time to meet with our team and start your weight loss journey.
- Verify your insurance requirements
- Although a staff member will review and verify your insurance carrier’s requirements when you schedule your first appointment, it is important you are aware of such requirements beforehand. Insurance coverage varies for weight loss surgery procedures. It is important that you contact your insurance carrier to determine if your weight loss surgery will be covered. Our team will work with Carle Financial Services to help answer questions and provide guidance as you are working with your carrier to obtain approval. For questions, call (217) 383-3240.