Giving to Carle Cancer Center
The Center for Philanthropy manages more than 100 funds for specific purposes, including several funds that benefit Carle Cancer Center and Mills Breast Cancer Institute. Charitable gifts are used for numerous projects and programs that enhance the healthcare experience for patients with cancer and their loved ones. Some recent examples include:
- Six new beds for the infusion suites
- An ice and water machine on the first floor
- A yoga class for cancer survivors
- Flowers for the Linda Mills Legacy Garden
- Food for nourishment stations and support group meetings
- Holiday decorations and refreshments for the holiday tea
- Blankets for chemo and radiation patients
- End-of-treatment bells
- Magazine subscriptions
- A support group for the children of patients with cancer
In addition, several staff members have been able to pursue continuing education opportunities with the help of donated funds. The Oncology Staff Education fund and the Mills Breast Cancer Institute fund can both be used for this purpose.
Donated funds also help support cancer research. For example, generous donations have been used to purchase equipment for Dr. Partha Ray's ground-breaking research on triple negative breast cancer. Dr. Ray's research also utilizes clinical samples from the Carle Tissue Repository, and donations for cancer research were instrumental in establishing that program.
If you would like to help support the many programs and amenities for patients with cancer at Carle Cancer and Mills Breast Cancer Institute, you can donate now.