Medical oncology involves the study of cancerous cells and tumors, including their development, diagnosis, treatment and prevention.
Our board certified medical oncologists diagnose, evaluate and develop specific treatment plan in the management of solid tumors, hematologic malignancies and other cancer disorders. These specialists work with our nationally certified nurses and support staff to give you the best tools in your fight against cancer.
The following treatment methods aim to eliminate cancer cells in different ways. They may be administered the form of an IV, injection or pill, and are often used in combination with surgery and/or radiation therapy.
- Biological Therapy
- Uses drugs that boost the ability of the immune system to fight cancer
- Treatment with drugs that prevent cancer cells from multiplying or destroys them
- Hormone Therapy
- Blocks specific hormones in the body to control or reverse the growth of cancer
- Targeted Therapy
- Uses drugs or other substances to identify and eliminate cancer cells
- Transfusion Therapy
- Involves the transfer of healthy blood from a donor to a patient to increase red blood cell count