Appointments with Carle Cancer Center providers are typically scheduled through a referral from your primary care physician. Patients seeking a second opinion may call (217) 383-3010.
If you have concerns prior to your appointment or need to cancel or reschedule, please call (217) 383- 3010.
Nurse Navigator Services
Our nurse navigator is a registered nurse and certified breast patient navigator in imaging with knowledge and expertise in breast pathology. Following an initial mammogram, if a diagnostic mammogram is needed to further evaluate breast tissue or changes in the breast, she assists with coordinating appointments, facilitating communication to your physicians, and providing guidance and support throughout breast imaging and treatment.
What to expect at your first visit
- First, you will meet with the nurse navigator to learn about Mills Breast Cancer Institute and the resources available to you.
- Next, you will have your vital signs taken.
- Then, you will consult with each of your doctors one on one. Some doctors will also have their nurse visit with you too.
- Lastly, you will visit with the social worker, who will guide you through an orientation to Carle Cancer Center.
If you have been diagnosed with cancer and are coming to your first consultation, you will meet with your entire care team on one day, including the oncologist, dietitian and social worker. You can plan to be here for up to four hours for this first appointment.
Important Information for Your Appointment »
What to Bring
Please bring the following to your appointments at Carle Cancer Center:
- Insurance information
- List of current medications
- Questions for your physician and care team
- Family member or friend to help listen, ask questions and take notes
Remember to allow time for travel and parking to ensure you arrive 15 minutes before your appointment. Free valet parking is available for any person with mobility issues right outside the main entrance. Discount parking passes and punch cards are available for purchase at the Hospital Chashier's Office in the Main Orchard Street Lobby, from any parking booth attendant or at the Security Control Center after hours. For more information, call the Hospital Cashier's Office at (217) 383-3033.