Non-Clinical (for credit) Internships
An internship is a unpaid experience, which at Carle generally spans a college semester. Through this program, students have the opportunity to use their practical knowledge to work on projects one may encounter on the job. This experience can strengthen their presentation, business, and communication and networking skills in preparation for their chosen professional career.
- Interested students must submit an application here, which indicates the program of study, applicable class requirements, and other contact information. Applications must be submitted by the stated deadline:
- Spring Semester – October 1st
- Summer Semester – April 1st
- Fall Semester – April 1st
- Students will need to ensure that their educational institution has the following information available upon Carle’s request:
- Confirmation of immunizations (Measles/Mumps/Rubella and Chickenpox Vaccine/Titer)
- Confirmation of Negative Tuberculosis Test within 12 months
- Confirmation of Flu Shot (within designated flu season)
- If students decline, they must wear mask in patient care areas
- Confirmation of Criminal Background check completed with no disqualifying convictions to include healthcare sanctions and sex offender registry.
- An active affiliation agreement with the respective educational institution must be on file with the Carle Human Resources Department prior to student placement.
Applicants will be notified by Carle Human Resources, via email, if the student’s placement request can be fulfilled. An interview may be required prior to placement.