Non-Clinical (for credit) Internships
An internship is a unpaid experience, which at Carle generally spans a college semester. Through this program, students have the opportunity to use their practical knowledge to work on projects one may encounter on the job. This experience can strengthen their presentation, business, and communication and networking skills in preparation for their chosen professional career.
- Interested students must submit an application which indicates the program of study, applicable class requirements, and other contact information. Applications will only be accepted during specific time periods for each semester. To apply, please visit carle.org/careers and search for “Internship” in the employment opportunities section to view current internship opportunities. Note that applications are only accepted during the timeframes below:
- Spring and Summer Semester: September 15th – October 1st
- Fall Semester: April 1st – April 15th
- Students will need to ensure that their educational institution has the following information available upon Carle’s request:
- Confirmation of immunizations (Measles/Mumps/Rubella and Chickenpox Vaccine/Titer)
- Confirmation of Negative Tuberculosis Test within 12 months
- Confirmation of Flu Shot (within designated flu season)
- If students decline, they must wear mask in patient care areas
- Confirmation of Criminal Background check completed with no disqualifying convictions to include healthcare sanctions and sex offender registry.
- An active affiliation agreement with the respective educational institution must be on file with the Carle Human Resources Department prior to student placement.
Applicants will be notified by Carle Human Resources, via email, if the student’s placement request can be fulfilled. An interview may be required prior to placement.