How to Select the Right EAP Provider
- Ask for data on the EAP provider network. This is the EAP's backbone for service delivery. Are their providers qualified/credentialed? Does the EAP vendor complete reference checks etc.?
- Examine the quality and depth of the vendor's website.
- Does the potential EAP vendor's approach to EAP blend with the culture of your organization? For example, will they customize their approach or is it a one-size-fits-all approach?
- Determine the types of training and consultation desired by your organization. Can the potential vendor accommodate your needs?
- Price should not be your only consideration. In other words, you get what you pay for. Don't let your selection of your vendor be driven by price only.
- Determine what will be the "value" of EAP for your organization.