Comprehensive Brain and Skull Base Tumor Clinic
Brain and skull base tumors can be complex to treat.
The Comprehensive Brain and Skull Base Tumor Clinic at Carle Neuroscience Institute offers a multidisciplinary team approach focused on world-class diagnosis, treatment and follow-up care of patients with tumors of the brain or skull base.
Our expert team works together to create individualized treatment plans that not only treat the tumor itself but get the patient back into the routine of their daily lives.
MULTIDISCIPLINARY APPROACH TO CARE
Patient-tailored care is the focus of our multidisciplinary team of experts. Our experts in all types of brain and spinal cord tumors, including the most complex skull base tumors, discuss every case from diagnosis, treatment and follow-up.
Our team includes fellowship trained physicians and surgeons offering patients the most advanced medical care.
Patients will be assessed by our team of specialists in one visit. After consultation, our multidisplinary team will develop an individualized treatment plan.
WORLD CLASS TREATMENT OPTIONS
Patients may be treated using one or more of the following:
- Endoscopic transnasal resection of skull base tumors
- Real-time fluorescence image-guided tumor resection
- Resection of brain tumor near speech cortex and motor areas (using planning with diffusion tensor imaging, functional MRI)
- Awake craniotomy/brain mapping for resection of brain tumors
- Delivery of local chemotherapy during resection of malignant brain tumors
- Resection of complex brain tumors including acoustic neuromas
- High end technology in radiation treatments including stereotactic radiosurgery and intensity-modulated radiation therapy (IMRT)
- Access to clinical trials
OUR MULTIDISCIPLINARY TEAM INCLUDES:
- Radiation oncologists
- Medical oncologists
- Critical care physicians
- Advanced nurse practitioners
- Rehabilitation specialists
- Social workers
- Palliative medicine specialists