Why Choose Carle?
Top 10 reasons to choose Carle for your nursing career:
- Primary stroke center, Level I trauma center and Level III perinatal services - Carle Foundation Hospital offers a more advanced level of clinical expertise and technology than any hospital in the region – which means more opportunities to expand your skills.
- Outpatient practice in more than 50 specialties – Carle Physician Group serves more than 200,000 unique patients each year in nine central Illinois communities.
- Magnet® designated – Carle is proud to hold this top honor from the American Nurses Credentialing Center since 2009. It means we’re dedicated to the best nursing practices and offer a superior working environment where nurses are highly valued and have the opportunity to conduct research.
- Clinical Nursing Ladder – This voluntary advancement program recognizes and rewards inpatient nurses for their professional contributions to the organization.
- Nursing research opportunities - We demonstrate a commitment to evidence-based medicine, an important part of our Magnet status. We provide evidence based practice classes and initiate innovative nursing research projects.
- $4,000 BSN/MSN tuition assistance - We offer tuition assistance for all employees, as well as up to $4,000 in assistance for nurses pursuing a BSN/MSN degree.
- High employee satisfaction - Throughout ongoing surveys, employees consistently report a high level of satisfaction with Carle. Professional Status was rated highest among all categories in the Work Satisfaction scores for our Magnet Survey.
- Nursing residencies - Designed to help graduate nurses transition from a school environment into practice, or to help a current nurse transition to new care setting, our nursing residency program provides a safe learning environment with underlying principals of critical thinking and accountability.
- Competitive pay and benefits – This includes paid time off accrual based on years of service as a registered nurse anywhere!
- Physician-led organization – Carle’s physician leaders are in continual pursuit of quality and make decisions based on what’s best for patients and staff.