We offer unique, specialty care across all settings — from acute care to outpatient therapy. Our staff is highly trained and has advanced certifications in many of the specialty services we provide. We also offer the convenience of multiple facilities so that you can get care close to home. Carle Therapy Services focuses on developing an individualized treatment plan that meets your specific needs.
Click here to see a full list of services available at each Carle Therapy Services location.
Physical Therapy Occupational Therapy Speech Therapy
Patients who are appropriate for physical therapy are those who have functional impairments resulting from back and neck injuries, neurological problems, sprains/strains and fractures, arthritis, burns, amputations, stroke, multiple sclerosis, birth defects such as cerebral palsy and spina bifida and injuries related to work, recreation, sports, and other daily activities.
Carle physical therapists work to treat disabilities and injuries of the muscles, bones and joints through a variety of physical treatments. They focus on rehabilitating the patient and preventing further damage or pain by promoting healing and training for tissues that have been injured or strained.
Their goal is to restore normal functioning by:
- Evaluating the patient’s current function and mobility.
- Providing specialized intervention and exercise programs to improve balance, coordination, strength and flexibility.
- Training the patient in common movement skills such as wheelchair function, transfers, walking and standing.
- Educating the patient and their families/caregivers.
- Training the patient in safe body mechanisms with home, recreational and work activities.
Occupational therapy can help you with activities of daily living- the things we do each day like reading mail, getting dressed, cooking, working, shopping, and paying bills. Our therapists will assess your needs and then develop a plan to help you live and work with greater independence and safety.
Carle Therapy Services occupational therapists will work with you to:
- Develop a custom program aimed at improving your ability to carry out the activities of daily living.
- Perform comprehensive evaluations of your home and job environments and make recommendations on necessary adaptations.
- Train you on the use of adaptive equipment.
- Fabricate and fit custom splints.
- Educate you and your family/caregivers so that the skills learned in therapy sessions can be continued at home.
Speech Language Pathology
When injury or disease affects your ability to speak, Carle Therapy Services can assist in your recovery. Our special team of speech pathologists can treat adults with speech problems, swallowing disorders, voice problems and other memory and problem-solving difficulties.
Services typically include:
- Customized treatment programs aimed at improving cognition, problem solving and speech articulation.
- Assessment of swallowing abilities with diet recommendations based on oral motor abilities.
- Comprehensive evaluations of home and job environments and recommendations on necessary adaptation.
- Treatment of voice problems including hoarseness or dysfunction due to cancer of the larynx.
- Recommendations and training in the use of adaptive equipment and augmentative communication devices.
Our staff also includes pediatric speech language pathologists, who evaluate and treat children with speech, feeding/swallowing and articulation issues. Our pathologists also provide services to children with development delay, autism and other neurological disorders.
Get social with Carle