Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT)
Carle offers specialized treatments including Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT). With this state-of-the-art treatment, patients are exposed to pure oxygen, which helps the body's natural healing process.
Wounds that commonly benefit from HBO include:
- Severe diabetic foot ulcers
- Chronic bone infection including the chest bone, hip bones, foot or ankle bones
- Delated radiation effects of the bone including the lower jaw
- Delayed radiation effects of soft tissue including the breast, bladder or intestines
- Flaps or grafts
- Skin ulcers due to increased arterial flow
- Minor crush injuries
Since 2005, Carle has provided patients with specialized hyperbaric oxygen therapy. Our team consists of certified hyperbaric technologists, nurses and trained hyperbaric physicians, two of whom are board certified in hyperbaric medicine. Our program has been accredited by the Undersea and Hyperbaric Medical Society with special distinction.