Thank you, friends and neighbors. Thank you for the love and appreciation you’ve shown for our healthcare team members. Thank you for making masks when we needed them. And, thank you for your many generous donations and well wishes for all healthcare providers working together in our community.
You’re helping, and we’re so grateful.
We’re proud of our healthcare team for facing each day with hope and strength as we all do our part to battle this pandemic. Whether caring for the sick or supporting our patients in countless other ways, our team members are truly heroes.
While you’re staying safe at home, if you would like to show your support of all of our brave essential team members, we have some ideas.
- Make posters – share words of encouragement and appreciation for healthcare team members.
- Decorate at home – sidewalk chalk, red hearts in windows, or any other creative idea you have.
- Make a video – share a message of hope, encouragement and gratitude.
Post photos of your poster, decorations or video on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram and tag us. We’ll make sure our team members see them.
Ongoing ways to help:
- Make a financial donation to Carle Center for Philanthropy – one hundred percent of all donations made to the Greatest Need Fund at Carle will support our COVID-19 efforts. carle.org/give
- Donate food – please email email@example.com if you’re interested in providing food items or meals to Carle team members. We’ll help coordinate drop-off and ensure food gets to the right people and departments.
- Make masks for non-clinical use – we’re still accepting mask donations and now have sewing material available to those who need it. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for porch pickup in Champaign and Vermilion counties. For directions on how to make a mask visit: https://youtu.be/ueWkAuY3k6Y. Bundle 25 masks in a sealed Ziploc® bag.
- Donate Personal Protective Equipment – Carle is participating in a community-wide collection effort to help with personal protective equipment (PPE) needs. Our priority need is boxed and unused procedural N-95 and surgical masks. We’re also looking for face shields, goggles, gowns, ventilators and hand sanitizer. These items will be distributed to first responders and healthcare workers throughout the community.
Thanks, once again, for your support as we fight this pandemic. Together we’re united and strong. For additional information, visit: