Diabetes Support Group – Champaign
Carle’s Champaign diabetes support group meets the third Tuesday of each month. Meetings are free and open to the public.
- Martha Trenkamp at (217) 365-2853
- Date & Time
- Third Tuesday of each month from 7 – 8 p.m.
Carle Champaign on Curtis
1701 W. Curtis Road, second floor conference room
2019 Meeting Dates
- January 15: John Kim, APN, Getting started with healthy habits in the New Year
- February 19: Whitney Smith, Discussion about Libre, Flash Glucose Monitoring System
- March 19: Dr. Jayna Swami, Autoimmune diseases and diabetes
- April 16: “Type One Type Two Type You” community diabetes event, I Hotel (Note location and time change 4 to 7:30 pm)
- May 21: Michelle Dellorso APN, Gastroparesis and other diabetes-related GI problems
- June 18: Nicole Almeida, APN, How does illness effect your diabetes?
- July 16: Angy Larson, DNE, Symptoms of hyperglycemia and hypoglycemia: how to prevent
- August 20: Payal Rana, APN, Weight loss trends
- September 17: Annual Tailgate
- October 15: Julie Purcell, RN, The Role of the Ambulatory Nurse in your Diabetes Care
- November 19: EIU Intern, discussion on the new food labels
- December 17: Annual Holiday Dinner
Get social with Carle