Need new glasses? Our Optical Department features designer frames and expert staff to help you find the right pair. Our opticians have more than 60 years of combined experience to recognize your unique eye care needs and advise you on new frame and lens technology.
We offer more than 1,000 frames in a variety of price ranges from designers such as:
- Calvin Klein
- Kate Spade
- Juicy Couture
- Michael Kors
- John Varvatos
- Specialty lenses include:
- Transition adaptive lenses
- Crizal anti-reflective coatings
- Xperio polarized sunglasses to reduce glare
- Varilux S-Series progressive lenses (no-line bifocals)
- Visioffice® System, a state-of-the-art measuring tool for progressive lenses
In addition to traditional contacts, we offer the latest material lenses, including daily wear, extended wear and hydrogel/hydroclear.
Specialty contact lenses:
- SynergEyes ® hybrid lenses combine a gas-permeable center with a soft outer exterior for crisp, clear vision and all-day comfort
- Colored contact lenses alter the color of your eyes while providing clear vision
Contact lens refill
Our Opticians are happy to help with contact lens ordering. Because we require prepayment for all contact lens orders and are unable to obtain credit card information here, please call us directly at (217) 902-2020. If you prefer to pay in person, you may stop by the department at Carle Outpatient Services at The Fields in southwest Champaign. We accept cash, check and credit card. Contact lens prescriptions are generally good for two years. If your prescription has expired, you will need to complete an eye exam with your optometrist. To schedule an appointment or for other questions, please call our main department line at (217) 902-3937.