Your genes play a key role in the development of many diseases. Without knowing it, you or a family member may be at risk if you have a genetic disorder, birth defect, chromosomal abnormality or cancer.
With the help of licensed genetic counselors, Carle can provide you with the insight to make informed healthcare decisions.
- Diagnosis and medical management of genetic conditions
- Genetic testing
Cancer-related genetic counseling is appropriate for patients with personal and family history suggestive of a hereditary cancer syndrome, including:
- Early onset cancers (typically under age 50)
- Multiple cases of the same or related cancers in the family (breast and ovarian, colon and endometrial)
- Rare cancers (male breast cancer)
Pediatric genetic counseling is available for families and pediatric patients with:
- Abnormal results on cystic fibrosis newborn screenings
- A diagnosed recognized genetic condition, including:
- Chromosomal disorders (such as Down syndrome)
- Single gene disorders (such as Marfan syndrome)
- Hearing loss
View All Genetics Providers
Featured Services, Events & Tools