Mills Breast Cancer Institute
Mills Breast Cancer Institute was built on a vision of providing expert care close to home. Offering comprehensive care for patients with breast cancer and those at high risk, our physicians and staff work together to develop a customized treatment plan. The team includes experts in oncology, breast imaging, reconstructive surgery, genetics, research and support services, giving patients the tools they need in the fight against breast cancer.
Accredited Breast Cancer Center of Excellence
Mills Breast Cancer Institute is an accredited Center of Excellence in Breast Cancer by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC).
Receiving care at a NAPBC-accredited center ensures that a patient will have access to a team who meets regularly to create individualized treatment plans for each patient:
- Comprehensive care, including a full range of state-of-the-art services
- A multidisciplinary team approach to coordinate the best treatment options
- Information about ongoing clinical trials and new treatment options
- And, most importantly, quality breast cancer care close to home.
The Mills Breast Cancer Institute team includes Carle physicians from the following specialties:
- Radiology/breast imaging and diagnostics
- Surgical oncology
- Medical oncology
- Radiation oncology
- Reconstructive surgery
Patients at Mills Breast Cancer Institute will also partner with our nurse navigator. Our Breast Cancer nurse navigator is a registered nurse and a certified oncology nurse. After breast cancer diagnosis, she assists with:
- Coordinating appointments with your team of physicians
- Communicating your needs with your team of physicians
- Answering questions about test results, side effects and treatment options
- Providing individualized education
- Guiding you to medical and community resources, such as support groups
- Educating patients and the community about complete breast care
Patients at Mills Breast Cancer Institute have access to a variety of breast cancer-related clinical trials. These research initiatives offer new insight into how to combat a disease and demonstrate new ways of thinking about treatment. Other clinical trials target treatment side effects and cancer prevention.
See full list of breast cancer clinical trials available at Carle »
Along with some of the most advanced medical care, you have access to a full range of support services and amenities to meet your social, emotional, physical and spiritual needs including:
- Social services
- Nutrition counseling
- Genetic counseling
- Support groups
- Survivorship clinic and programs
- Resource center
- Lymphadema services
For more information about Mills Breast Cancer Institute, call (217) 383-6636.