Carle Hospice services include:
- Visits by nurses who are on-call (24 hours a day, seven days a week)
- Pain and symptom management (including medications)
- Home medical equipment
- Personal care
- Coordination of care with patient’s doctor
- Spiritual and emotional support
- Supportive care from trained volunteers
- Family counseling
- Instruction to caregivers on providing patient care
- Therapies and nutritional consultation
- Respite care for up to five days (at a contracted facility)
- Help connecting family and patient to other community services
- Bereavement support for loved ones
Our pediatric hospice team provides specialized comfort and support to children with life-limiting conditions and to their families. We serve patients unborn through early adulthood. For most children, we're able to provide hospice care while they undergo concurrent care to treat the underlying condition. Our goal is to make every moment count by giving quality and compassionate care.
Cost of Hospice Care
As a Medicare-certified program, services provided by Carle Hospice may be covered partially or totally by Medicare, Medicaid or private insurance. Coverage may include team services, prescription drugs, medical equipment and supplies, therapies and counseling to both patients and their families. Carle Hospice handles billing for reimbursable services.
Admission to Hospice
We acccept all medically eligible individuals living within our service area without regard to race, color, creed, sex, national origin, sexual preference, ancestry, disability, veteran status or ability to pay.
Carle Hospice best serves the patient who:
- Has a medical diagnosis that projects a limited life expectancy of six to 12 months.
- Agrees with family and primary physician that symptom management care is most appropriate.
- Has a primary caregiver (someone other than Hospice staff available to the patient on a 24-hour basis).
- Lives within the 31-county service area.
To arrange for hospice care, call (800) 239-3620
. To speak with your local care team, please call one of our regional offices:
- Bloomington, (309) 268-5930
- Champaign, (217) 383-3488
- Olney, (618) 395-1068
Camp Healing Heart
This special day camp is sponsored by Carle Hospice for grieving children ages five to 17. The camp provides a safe and caring environment for children who have experienced the death of a loved one or friend. Through camp activities, children can express their grief, emotions, fears and concerns.
Learn more about Camp Healing Heart
As a volunteer for Carle Hospice you will touch the lives of terminally ill patients and their families through compassion and companionship. Hospice volunteers are an essential part of a multi-faceted team whose focus is providing the patient with the highest quality of life. As a volunteer, you can help deliver dignified care by training as an in-home Hospice volunteer, bereavement volunteer, or provide essential support as an administrative volunteer.
Learn more about becoming a hospice volunteer
Grief is a natural reaction to loss that each of us experiences differently. A caring person with a listening ear can make all the difference. Bereavement services are available for hospice family members and friends during the year following the death of a loved one.
Carle Hospice Bereavement Services can assist your family during this difficult time by offering:
- Assessment of your grieving proces
- Contact by phone for support and encouragement
- Mailings throughout the year
- Home visits as needed
- Grief support groups
- One-to-one conversations for more intensive support
Contact the Carle Hospice bereavement coordinator at (217) 383-3151 or (800) 239-3620 for more information about these services.
Carle Hospice holds an annual Service of Remembrance to honor those in our program who died. Our memorial service is open to the public and features a theme of hope and healing. Your loved ones are remembered through music, readings and the lighting of candles.
Contact the Carle Hospice bereavement coordinator at (217) 383-3151 or (800) 239-3620 for more information about the memorial service.