Reconstructive plastic surgery corrects deformities from cancer, trauma, burns and birth defects, and most of these procedures are medically necessary.
For reconstructive plastic surgery, your insurance company may require physicians’ reports or photographs before we begin treatments or procedures. Our staff can help you with this process.
- Abdominal wall reconstruction – repairs abdominal weakness and hernia, including ventral hernia repair, and restores abdominal wall contour
- Body contouring after massive weight loss – removes excess skin and soft tissue if symptomatic
- Breast reconstruction – restores breast volume and contour with implants or other tissue; microsurgical/free flap breast reconstructions, including DIEP flaps
- Breast reduction – decreases breast size while lifting, tightening and reshaping the breast
- Correction of breast asymmetry – restores balance and symmetry to breast size and shape
- Eyelid surgery and blepharoplasty – treats drooping upper eyelid skin that interferes with vision; ptosis repairs; ectropion (outward rolling) and entropion (inward rolling) lower eyelid repair
- Gender Reassignment Surgery
- Scar revision – remodels scars using surgery, injections and silicone pads; Keloid Therapy
- Skin cancer surgery – includes basal, squamous and melanoma.
Cosmetic plastic surgery improves the appearance of the selected body part and is considered optional. Our board certified and specially trained staff of plastic surgeons are committed to safety and providing excellent surgical outcomes.
Elective cosmetic consultation fees and procedures are usually not covered by insurance and are due at the time of service.
- Abdominoplasty – Tightens and contours skin, soft tissues and muscles of the abdomen
- Arm lift (brachioplasty) – Removes excess skin and fat from the upper arm
- Body contouring after massive weight loss – Treats abdominal area, breasts, thighs, arms, etc. after bariatric surgery
- Botox® and fillers – Non-surgically treats deep wrinkles, facial folds and expression lines
- Breast enlargement (augmentation mammoplasty) – Uses breast implants to enhance the natural tissue
- Breast implant replacement or removal – Removes or replaces silicone and saline breast implants
- Breast lift (mastopexy) – Removes loose skin, tightens and contours breasts
- Breast reduction (gynecomastia surgery) – Decreases the breast size through tissue removal and liposuction
- Chemical peel – Removes a micro-thin layer of skin improving aging skin, sun damage and uneven pigmentation
- Chin implant – Makes the chin more prominent and defined
- Ear surgery (otoplasty) – Surgically corrects protruding ears in children and adults
- Eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty) – Treats loose, drooping eyelid skin and bagginess of the eyelids
- Facelift (rhytidectomy) – Removes loose skin and tissue from the aging face and neck, rejuvenating the face
- Forehead and brow lifts – Elevates the forehead and eyebrows and improves the upper eyelid area
- Liposuction – Treats fatty deposits that are resistant to diet and exercise by fat removal and recontouring
- Nasal surgery (rhinoplasty) – Corrects the nasal contour, fracture and deviated septum
- Skin resurfacing – Rejuvenates skin through laser surgery, chemical peels or dermabrasion
- Thigh lifts – Removes excess skin and fat from the thighs while elevating and contouring the tissue of the thighs
Non-Surgical Cosmetic Treatments
Consultations with one of our surgeons or our cosmetic nurse practitioner are available upon request. We offer many in-house medical grade cosmetic services in a relaxing, spa-like setting.
Our Cosmetic office is located at Carle Outpatient Services at The Fields in Champaign. Please call our office at (217) 902-7527 for pricing and additional information. Our services include:
Injections of Botox® can improve facial expression lines and wrinkles. It also prevents lines and wrinkles on the face from appearing deeper, and can prevent new wrinkles from forming. Our medical providers have received extensive training in Botox® injections.
We offer a wide variety of injectable facial fillers to restore volume and structure to the face which combats the signs of facial aging. Dermal fillers are used at different depths to help fill facial wrinkles, volume loss, and augment facial features including the lips.
These are fat reduction injections used under the chin area to decrease the appearance of submental fat and give a more aesthetically pleasing contour to the neck and jawline.
Acne Slush (‘Frozen Facial’)
This medical cryotherapy treatment tightens pores and removes dead cells from your skin's surface. It is applied to the face in a light, gliding movements across the face. The slush releases a frosty mist that relieves skin redness, inflammation, and helps to minimize active breakouts.
This facial reduces the appearance of pores and hydrates the face while peeling away dull skin. This treatment locks in moisture to create a fresh, revived look and feel.
Our medical grade chemical peels are safe, soothing, and effective processes that remove a micro-thin layer of skin to reveal a fresh, dewy, and overall brighter complexion. A skin evaluation with our Aesthetician determines your skin type prior to performing the procedure. Skin immediately looks and feels clearer, smoother and healthier with full results apparent 7-10 days afterwards.
An alternative to waxing or laser hair removal, this process removes fine facial hair as well as the outer layer of dead skin cells. Results are immediately apparent and skin feels smoother and healthier.
This chemically enhanced process involves ‘perming’ your eyelashes. This makes them appear significantly longer, fuller, and lifted. An eyelash lift lasts approximately 6-8 weeks and is especially recommended before special occasions.
This is a procedure that colors brows and lashes to a darker shade to create a sense of thickness and dimension, perfect for those with pale skin and light hair. Tinting lasts 4-6 weeks and must be redone as hair grows.
Facial Hair Waxing
Facial waxing removes unwanted eyebrow or upper lip hair for a quick, smooth result. This process is longer lasting than some other methods of hair removal.
Laser Hair Removal
This treatment removes unwanted hair. The hair laser targets the dark root of the hair follicle, inhibiting re-growth.