Carle Center for Philanthropy inspires charitable giving to enhance the world-class healthcare provided by Carle.
Our vision is to create a culture of philanthropy that supports patient care, innovation, expansion, and diversification.
Carle Center for Philanthropy Board of Trustees
In 1977, the fundraising program for The Carle Foundation became officially known as The Carle Development Foundation. As a charitable, not-for-profit entity, The Carle Development Foundation d/b/a/Carle Center for Philanthropy is recognized by the Internal Revenue Service as a 501(c)(3) organization. Carle Center for Philanthropy is responsible for raising philanthropic contributions needed to support the mission of the not-for-profit services and activities of The Carle Foundation.
A Board of Trustees, appointed by The Carle Foundation Board of Trustees, governs Carle Center for Philanthropy. A vice president administers day-to-day operations with directors assigned the responsibility for fund development, financial management and fund allocations according to donor wishes. Our Board of Trustees provides advice and counsel related to charitable activities and serves as advocates for Carle and Carle Center for Philanthropy.
- Guy Hall, Chair (immediate past chair of The Carle Foundation Board of Trustees—ex officio)
- Mary McGrath, Vice Chair
- V.B. Leister, Secretary
- Joseph Barkmeier, MD,Treasurer
- Phil Blankenburg, Trustee
- Donna Greene, Trustee
- Dale Harper, president, Carle Auxiliary (ex officio)
- James C. Leonard, MD, president and CEO, The Carle Foundation (ex officio)
- Michael Novak, MD, philanthropy physician advocate (ex officio - non voting)
- Scott Reichard, Trustee
- Marty Smith, Trustee
- Rick Stephens, Trustee
- William Sturtevant, Trustee
- Brenda Timmons, chair, The Carle Foundation Board of Trustees, (ex officio)
- Will Timmons, Trustee
- R. Bruce Wellman, MD, Trustee
- Nancy Whitford, chair, Women’s Legacy Circle (ex-officio)
Carle Center for Philanthropy Staff
Director, Major and Planned Gifts
Director of Development
Director, Marketing and Communications
Annual Giving Manager
Manager, Philanthropy Operations