Pastoral CarePastoral Services/Spiritual Care
Hospital chaplains are present in each area of the hospital Monday through Friday and are on call throughout all nights and weekends. They are available to provide comfort, support, and a listening ear in a way that respects your individual values and choices. Your religious leader can also be contacted at your request. Visitors of Carle Foundation Hospital also have access to Colwell Chapel, located in main concourse.
Contacting a Chaplain
If you or your family members wish to speak with a chaplain or have them contact you, please do one of the following:
- Call the Communications Center at (217) 383-3311 and have a chaplain paged
- Call the Pastoral Care department directly at (217) 383-3410 during normal business hours
- Ask your nurse
Chapel and Meditation Space
- The Colwell Chapel, a place of quiet reflection and refuge for patients, families and staff, is located in the main concourse.
- The Parkhill Meditation Room is located within the general waiting area on Carle Tower 2.
- Both the chapel and meditation room are always open for solitude, quiet reflection, and prayer. Inspirational materials and literature, including Bibles, are available in both locations or by request.
Prayer requests may be placed in the box in the rear of the chapel or you can e-mail your prayer request to a chaplain.
The chapel may be available for special services (prayer services, weddings, holiday services) by contacting the Pastoral Care office at (217) 383-3410.
Pastoral Care Department
The main Pastoral Care office is located next to the chapel near the main concourse.