Visiting Hours, Parking, and Amenities at Carle BroMenn Medical Center
Visiting GuidelinesVisiting hours are 8 a.m. - 8:30 p.m. unless otherwise noted. Visitors may enter through the main entrance to the hospital and check in at the front desk.
General visitor guidelines:
- Support persons must be 14 years or older, unless otherwise noted.
- Any support person under 18 years of age must be the patient’s parent or accompanied by an adult.
- All visitors must be healthy with no signs of respiratory illness.
Emergency Department – two support persons at a time, may switch out as desired.
Intensive Care Unit - two support persons during visiting hours, one of which may stay overnight.
Medical-Surgical – two support persons at a time during visiting hours, one of which may stay overnight.
Mother Baby Unit
- During labor, three designated adults will be allowed to visit the patient. This includes the primary support person. Additional visitors may not rotate in and out.
- After delivery, patients may have two visitors during visiting hours in addition to their primary support person. Siblings of the newborn may visit during visiting hours when accompanied by an adult.
Intermediate Care Nursery – only parents will be allowed in the nursery.
Pediatrics– two support persons allowed 24 hours a day.
- Two support persons at a time.
- Overnight guests are permitted if aligned with therapy plan.
- Four support persons allowed at the bedside 24 hours a day, may switch out as desired.
- Children under the age of 14 may visit under these circumstances. Minors of all ages must be accompanied by an adult.
Semi-private rooms - two support persons at a time during visiting hours. Overnight stays are at the discretion of the nursing manager.
- One support person at a time. They will be provided the proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and safety instructions to minimize risk of exposure.
- Virtual visits are also encouraged.
- Two support persons are allowed in the OR waiting room.
- Both support people will be permitted to visit patients before their procedure.
Clergy may visit during visiting hours. They do not count towards patients’ allotment of visitors at bedside.
Waiting rooms - two support persons per patient are allowed in waiting rooms.
ParkingComplimentary Valet Parking
Valet parking is available free of charge at the main entrance of the hospital, weekdays (Monday through Friday) from 5:30 a.m.– 5 p.m. Let our trusted valets park your vehicle for you. When you're ready for your vehicle, visit the Guest Services desk in the Atrium. If you wish to use the valet service, it's best to request return of your vehicle by 5 p.m. You'll be responsible for retrieving your vehicle after 5 p.m.
The Parking Deck is located just north of the hospital. It's a six-level self-parking garage connected to the hospital via enclosed walkways. Please note some spaces are reserved for valet and physician parking.
Patients and visitors are welcome to park in other parking lots, provided the parking lot is not specifically noted as being reserved for others. Some have posted time limits as well. If you choose to park in Lots B or C along Main Street, there is a shuttle bus that operates during select hours of the weekdays.
Food and DrinkThe Atrium Café
The Atrium Café is located on the main level of the Atrium Lobby and is open to all visitors and staff weekdays from 6:30 a.m.– 7 p.m., and Saturdays and Sundays from 7 a.m. – 6 p.m. (including all holidays). It offers a wide variety of menu items, including sandwiches, soups, salads, breakfast items and specialty coffees.
We offer room service dining for patients and guests. To place an order, dial 268-3000 from the in-room phone. Guest meals cost $7 for breakfast ordered before 10:30 a.m., and $10 for all other meals, payable with cash upon delivery.
Available 24 hours a day, vending machines for snacks and beverages are located in the cafeteria on the lower level of the medical center and in the second floor surgery waiting area.