Our Breast Imaging nurse navigator is a registered nurse and certified breast patient navigator in imaging with knowledge and expertise in breast pathology. Following an initial mammogram, if a diagnostic mammogram is needed to further evaluate breast tissue or changes in the breast, she assists with:
- Bridging the gap between mammograms, biopsies and breast cancer diagnosis
- Coordinating appointments
- Providing guidance and support through the breast imaging process
- Facilitating communication to the physician and surgeon to quickly coordinate biopsy procedures
- Educating patients and the community about complete breast care
To learn more about nurse navigators, call (217) 383-3010. Community groups can also call this number to arrange an educational outreach program.
Get social with Carle