Mills Breast Cancer Institute was built on a vision of providing expert care close to home. Offering comprehensive care for patients with breast cancer and those at high risk, our physicians and staff work together to develop a customized treatment plan for each patient. The team includes experts in oncology, breast imaging, reconstructive surgery, genetics, research and support services, giving patients the tools they need in the fight against breast cancer.
Carle Cancer Center expertise also includes:
- The area's only surgical oncologist fellowship trained in breast cancer.
- The most breast imaging expertise in central Illinois, with three fellowship trained mammographers who specialize in reading breast images to detect abnormalities
- Certified imaging nurse navigators and certified oncology nurse navigators who provide guidance and support through the breast imaging and treatment processes
- Center of Excellence in Breast Cancer by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC)
- Digital mammography services at Carle Danville and Carle Mattoon- Charleston accredited by the American College of Radiology (ACR)
- Radiation oncology services accredited by American College of Radiology (ACR)
- Carle Cancer Center is accredited by Quality Oncology Practice Initiative (QOPI) and American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer (CoC)