You may need physical therapy physical therapy if you suffer fromfunctional impairments from back and neck injuries, neurological problems, sprains/strains and fractures, arthritis, burns, amputations, stroke, multiple sclerosis, birth defects such as cerebral palsy and spina bifida and injuries related to work, recreation, sports and other daily activities.
Our physical therapists work to treat disabilities and injuries of the muscles, bones and joints through a variety of physical treatments. They focus on your rehabilitation and preventing further damage or pain by promoting healing and training for injured or strained tissues.
Their goal is to restore normal functioning by:
- Evaluating current function and mobility.
- Providing specialized intervention and exercise programs to improve balance, coordination, strength and flexibility.
- Training in common movement skills such as wheelchair function, transfers, walking and standing.
- Educating you and your family/caregivers.
- Training in safe body mechanisms with home, recreational and work activities.
Occupational therapy can help you with activities of daily living – like reading mail, getting dressed, cooking, working, shopping and paying bills. Our therapists will assess your needs and then work with you to develop a plan to help you live and work with greater independence and safety.
Carle Therapy Services occupational therapists will work with you to:
- Develop a custom program aimed at improving your ability to carry out the activities of daily living.
- Perform comprehensive evaluations of your home and job environments and make recommendations on needed adaptations.
- Train you on the use of adaptive equipment.
- Fabricate and fit custom splints.
- Educate you and your family/caregivers so you can continue the skills learned in therapy sessions at home.
Speech Language Pathology
When injury or disease affects your ability to speak, Carle Therapy Services can assist in your recovery. Our special team of speech language pathologists treats adults with speech problems, swallowing disorders, voice problems and other memory and problem-solving difficulties.
Services typically include:
- Customized treatment programs aimed at improving cognition, problem solving and speech articulation.
- Assessment of swallowing abilities with diet recommendations based on oral motor abilities.
- Comprehensive evaluations of home and job environments and recommendations on necessary adaptation.
- Treatment of voice problems including hoarseness or dysfunction due to cancer of the larynx.
- Recommendations and training in the use of adaptive equipment and augmentative communication devices.
Our staff also includes pediatric speech language pathologists who evaluate and treat children with speech, feeding/swallowing and articulation issues. Our pathologists also provide services to children with development delay, autism and other neurological disorders.
Additional Carle Therapy Resources
- Aquatic therapy
- Hand rehabilitation
- Balance therapy
- Foot therapy
- Lymphedema therapy
- Neuro rehabilitation
- Spine therapy
- Urinary incontinence training
- Seating and wheeled mobility clinic
- Community reentry/vocational rehabilitation
- Driver assessment/rehabilitation
- Occupational rehabilitation
- Pediatric/development therapy
- Dementia/Alzheimer’s occupational therapy