Your medical records
Requesting Your Medical Records
To request your medical information and/or your medical records, please print and complete a release form and return to Carle Foundation Hospital:
Completed release forms can be returned to Carle:
Carle ATTN: Health Information Management
3310 Fields South Drive
Champaign IL 61822
The Carle Health Information Management Department is located at Carle at the Fields, near the
Stephens Family YMCA and Interstate 57. Use Google Maps
for driving directions from your location.
Important Instructions for Completing the Authorization to Release Forms
Please call the Health Information Department at (217) 383-3381 if you have any questions about completing the forms or obtaining copies of your medical records.
How to complete the Authorization to Release Protected Health Information form
- Patient Identifiers – this section helps us select the correct patient.
- Patient Name: Please enter the patient’s current legal name.
- Date of Birth: Please print the patient birthdate. Example: 03/04/1956
- Other Names: Please list any previous names we may have records under. Examples are additional married names, a maiden name, an adoptive name, a name change.
- MRN: This is the patient medical record number which is also known at Carle as a clinic number.
- Where do the records need to go? This section tells Carle where to send the records.
- I authorize: Select the location(s) where the visit(s) took place.
- To Release to: Check this box if Carle should send a copy of the records to another party. Tell us exactly who should receive a copy of the records. Be specific and include a complete address. Please write “Myself” to indicate you, the patient, will be receiving the records.
- To Request from: Check this box if the requested records are to be sent to Carle from another organization. Be specific and include a complete address.
- Method of Release: How should the copies to be sent?
- Mail – The records will be sent by U.S. Mail to the party listed.
- Pick up – The records will be held for pick up at the Farber Drive location for 60 days.
- MyCarle Account – for patient requests only. We can release the requested records to the patient’s MyCarle Account. They can be saved or printed using a home computer. The records will be available in MyCarle for 30 days.
Don’t have a MyCarle account? Here’s how to get one:
- Option 1: Visit any Carle location and request a MyCarle activation code.
- Option 2: Visit carle.org and go to the MyCarle page.
- What records do I want released?
- Enter the range of dates next to the category of records that need to be released.
- Check the boxes to indicate the types of records for those dates, i.e. x-ray reports.
- Why do I want records sent?
- This helps Carle prioritize your request.
- Carefully read the bulleted paragraphs, so that you know what you are signing. If you have questions, please call (217) 383-3381.
- Signature and address: Please read the ATTENTION: section. You’ll need to sign and date the form. Enter your address at the bottom.
- Mental health records may require special authorizations, signatures or releases. Please call our Health Information Management department at (217) 383-3381 for more information.
The authorization will expire one year from the date signed unless otherwise specified. If you have any questions about completing forms or obtaining copies of medical records, call Health Information Management at (217) 383-3381.
There may be a charge to obtain a copy of your records. Please call (217) 383-3381 for details and an estimate.