Carle Hospice offers a wide range of services, from medication and supplies to grief support for loved ones. The security of familiar surroundings and the involvement of family members provide invaluable emotional reassurance to the patient. Hospice allows the patient to be in control of his or her choices and helps maintain quality of life. And hospice care is often covered by Medicare, Medicaid and most insurance companies. Carle Hospice is fully accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Health Care (ACHC). This is your assurance that we adhere to the highest standards of quality in the industry.
The Carle Hospice Team
The Hospice Team Provides:
- Visits by nurses who are on call 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Management of pain and related symptoms
- Short-term inpatient care for symptom management
- Personal care
- Coordinated services with the patient’s personal physician
- Help in obtaining financial assistance or other community services
- Spiritual and emotional support
- Supportive care by trained volunteers
- Family counseling
- Instruction to caregivers on patient care
- Respite care, for up to five days, at a contracted facility
- Therapies and nutritional consultation
- Bereavement support for family members
Cost of Hospice Care
Carle Hospice is a Medicare-certified program. Services provided by Hospice may be covered partially or in total by Medicare, HMO's Medicaid and private insurance. Coverage may include team services, prescription drugs, medical equipment and supplies, therapies and counseling to both patients and their families. Carle Hospice handles all billing for reimbursable services.
Admission to Hospice
Admission to Hospice is based on healthcare needs without regard to race, color, creed, sex, national origin, sexual preference, ancestry, disability, veteran status or ability to pay.
Carle Hospice best serves the patient who:
- Has a medical diagnosis that projects a limited life expectancy
- Agrees with family and primary physician that symptom management care is most appropriate
- Has a primary caregiver (someone other than Hospice staff available to the patient on a 24-hour basis)
- Lives within the service area
Camp Healing Heart
Camp Healing Heart is a special day camp, sponsored by Carle Hospice, for grieving children ages 5 to 17. The next upcoming session will take place on Saturday, October 1, 2016.